BC Pandemic Influenza Response Plan (2012)
Welcome to the Ministry of Health British Columbia Pandemic Influenza Response Plan (2012) website.
The BC Pandemic Influenza Response Plan (2012) builds on the 2005 B.C. Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Plan: Guidelines for Planning, Response and Recovery and 2009 BC H1N1 Pandemic Influenza Response Plan (PDF 1.8M ) to provide B.C.'s health sector with updated and current plans and guidelines for the provincial response to the pandemic Influenza.
The plan was developed through collaboration with our many partners including the health authorities, BC Centre for Disease Control, First Nations and Inuit Health, the First Nations Health Council, the Health Employers Association of BC, WorkSafe BC, Occupational Health and Safety Agency for Healthcare in BC, HealthLink BC and many B.C. government ministries.
The plan is truly accessible, web-based and easily navigated. This web-based approach not only enables updates to be posted as new information becomes available, but it also provides health care providers and the public access to sections of the plan that are relevant to their immediate and specific information needs. It is therefore hoped that this site will serve as a primary and valuable resource to all who require information about health sector influenza planning, especially to those working on the response.
- Provincial H1N1 Flu Virus Information www.gov.bc.ca/h1n1
- Provincial Health Officer’s Information for Health Care Providers:
- HealthLink BC www.HealthLinkBC.ca
- BC Centre for Disease Control www.bccdc.ca
- Occupational Health and Safety Agency for Healthcare in BC www.ohsah.bc.ca
- WorkSafe BC www.worksafebc.com
- Public Health Agency of Canada www.phac-aspc.gc.ca
- US Centers for Disease Control www.cdc.gov
- World Health Organization www.who.int/en/