Information for Pharmacists and Medical Suppliers
PharmaCare Provider Enrollment
The Provider Regulation ("the Regulation") under the Pharmaceutical Services Act ("the Act") came into force on December 1, 2014. The Regulation sets out new enrollment criteria for pharmacies, facilities, and other places where drugs, devices, substances or related services are provided ("sites"). It also sets out the commercial terms for the Province of British Columbia's relationship with enrolled providers.
Enrollment documents as of December 1, 2014:
Note: If you want to be able to save a pdf form with the information you have entered, please:
You can download the free Adobe Reader 11 from the Adobe website at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- Download the form to your computer by right clicking and selecting "Save Target As" or "download linked file".
- Open your form with Adobe Reader 11 (using menu file/open).
- Enter your information, and save the file on your computer.
The following documents are provided for historical purposes only.
BC Services Card
Benefit Information—Drugs and Medical Supplies
Drug coverage decisions
- whetherPharmaCare covers a specific drug
- how drug coverage decisions are made
- how you can provide input into those decisions
- why and when a coverage decision was made
- how manufacturers can request that a drug be considered for PharmaCare coverage
Prescription drugs and vaccines
Non-drug products and medical supplies
Vaccine Resources for Pharmacists
- Vaccine Resources — Provides all necessary information on the vaccines that authorized pharmacists can administer.
PharmaCare Policies, Procedures, Guides and Forms
- B.C. Smoking Cessation Program:
- Frequency of Dispensing:
- Low Cost Alternative / Reference Drug Program
- Medication Review Services:
- Prosthetic and Orthotic Program:
- Reduced Mark-Up of High-Cost Drugs:
- Reimbursement of Non-Returnable High-Cost Injectable Drugs:
- Rural Incentive Program:
PharmaCare Publications and Reports
- PharmaCare Newsletters—Get all the news on PharmaCare policies, drug coverage, audit issues, etc.
- PharmaNet Bulletins—News and procedures related to PharmaNet, the province-wide prescription claim processing network that links community pharmacies, hospital pharmacies and other health care providers to a central set of databases at the Ministry of Health.
- Newsletter/Bulletin Notification Service—Receive an e-mail whenever a PharmaCare Newsletter or PharmaNet Bulletin is published.
- See our Patient Information section for information sheets on Fair PharmaCare, the Prosthetics and Orthotics Program, the BC Palliative Care Benefits Program and other topics.
Studies and Reviews