Information for Pharmacists and Medical Suppliers
Agreements between the Ministry of Health and BC Pharmacies
BC Services Card
Benefit Information—Drugs and Medical Supplies
Drug coverage decisions
- whetherPharmaCare covers a specific drug
- how drug coverage decisions are made
- how you can provide input into those decisions
- why and when a coverage decision was made
- how manufacturers can request that a drug be considered for PharmaCare coverage
Prescription drugs and vaccines
Non-drug products and medical supplies
Vaccine Resources for Pharmacists
PharmaCare Policies, Procedures, Guides and Forms
- B.C. Smoking Cessation Program:
- Frequency of Dispensing:
- Low Cost Alternative / Reference Drug Program
- Medication Review Services:
- Prosthetic and Orthotic Program:
- Reduced Mark-Up of High-Cost Drugs:
- Reimbursement of Non-Returnable High-Cost Injectable Drugs:
- Rural Incentive Program:
PharmaCare Publications and Reports
- PharmaCare Newsletters—Get all the news on PharmaCare policies, drug coverage, audit issues, etc.
- PharmaNet Bulletins—News and procedures related to PharmaNet, the province-wide prescription claim processing network that links community pharmacies, hospital pharmacies and other health care providers to a central set of databases at the Ministry of Health.
- Newsletter/Bulletin Notification Service—Receive an e-mail whenever a PharmaCare Newsletter or PharmaNet Bulletin is published.
- See our Patient Information section for information sheets on Fair PharmaCare, the Prosthetics and Orthotics Program, the BC Palliative Care Benefits Program and other topics.
Studies and Reviews