BC PharmaCare wants to hear Your Voice.
On this page...
- Who can give input?
- Which drugs are being reviewed?
- Can you notify me when public input is being accepted for a drug?
- How do I find out about PharmaCare's coverage decision for a specific drug?
Through this website, patients, caregivers, and patient groups can add their voice to the BC PharmaCare drug review process. It is part of our commitment to give British Columbians a chance to share their perspectives on drug decisions that affect them.
Please take a look at the list of drugs that are now under review by the Ministry of Health and notice the medical condition for which each drug is used. If you are eligible to give input, you can fill out an online questionnaire for consideration by the Drug Benefit Council as part of their review. (Tell me how my input will be used…)
Please note that, as part of the questionnaire, you will be required to declare any Conflicts of Interest. (Tell me about the Conflict of Interest Guidelines…)
Your privacy is fully protected. (Tell me more about privacy protection.) Your responses will be separated from your identifying information before being provided to the Drug Benefit Council.
For patient groups that are providing input: Only the name of your organization will be forwarded to the Drug Benefit Council.
Who can give input?
If you are a B.C. resident and answer yes to any of the following questions for a drug listed in the table below, you can give your input:
- Do you have the medical condition for which the drug would be used?
- Are you a caregiver to someone who has that medical condition?
- Does your patient group represent patients who have that medical condition AND have you registered with PharmaCare to give input? (Learn more about registering your organization).
Which drugs are being reviewed?
Below is a list of drugs that are, or soon will be, open for input.
If you are eligible to give input (see above):
- Read about the drug by clicking on the drug’s information sheet link in the table below.
- If you would like to prepare your answers beforehand, review the printable sample questionnaires below. When you are ready, return to this web page to take the survey.
- Click the appropriate “Take the survey” link.
Note: the links appear only when the drug is open for input.
|Note: Once you open a survey, you should complete it. To protect everyone's privacy, respondents cannot return to their survey even if they cancel out.|
|General questionnaires (for most drugs under review)|
|patients (PDF 45K)||caregivers (PDF 65K)||patient groups (PDF 94K)|
|Questionnaires for Subsequent Entry Biologic (SEB) drugs under review|
|SEB: patients||SEB: caregivers||SEB: patient groups|
|Drug Name||What this drug is for||When you can take part||Take the survey|
Inflectra™ is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and plaque psoriasis.For more information, see this drug information sheet.
|from Dec 9, 2014, until Jan 6, 2015 at midnight|
|Having technical difficulties in submitting your input?
Contact us for assistance by e-mail at email@example.com.
Can you notify me when public input is being accepted for a drug?
Yes. We can send you an e-mail when other drugs are being reviewed. Just sign up for our subscription service.
How do I find out about PharmaCare's coverage decision for a specific drug?
After the Drug Benefit Council provides its formal recommendation to the Ministry of Health, the Ministry reviews the recommendation and makes a coverage decision in the context of existing policies, programs, priorities and resources.
To find out when a decision will be made about PharmaCare coverage for a specific drug, visit our Drug Review Results section.