MSP Account Change

If you are already enrolled in MSP under a self-administered plan and you want to add a spouse or child (other than a newborn) to your account, complete and submit this application. Your spouse or child must be a resident of British Columbia in order to qualify for benefits. Please include, with the application, photocopies of documents that verify the Canadian citizenship or immigration status of each person to be added to your account. If you are adding a family member who is new to the province and aged 19 or over, it may be necessary for the family member to visit an Insurance Corporation of BC (ICBC) driver licensing office (DLO) to complete enrolment in MSP. If this is the case, written notice with next steps will be mailed to you.

This form can also be used to change information on your account, or to cancel coverage for a spouse or child.

Please note, if you are covered under a group plan administered by an employer, union, or pension office, this is not the right form for you; please go to Group Change Request. If you are covered through Health Canada or the Ministry of Housing and Social Development you should contact that agency for the appropriate form/process.

HLTH 203, MSP Account Change (fill and print PDF 570K)


Get Adobe Reader

Some documents on this website are in PDF format and require a PDF reader. If you have the latest version of Adobe Reader you can save forms that you have filled out. If you wish to be able to save a pdf form with your entered information, please do the following:

  1. download the form to your computer by right clicking and selecting "Save Target As" or "download linked file".
  2. open your form with Adobe Reader 11 (using menu file/open)
  3. enter your information, and save the file on your computer

If you do not have Adobe Reader 11 on your computer, you can download Adobe Reader free by clicking on the "Get Adobe Reader" icon.